Mary Kay o´Conner Process Safety Center, College Station, Texas, USA
1994 wurde das Mary Kay o`Conner Process Safety Center gegründet, im November 2014 unterzeichnen Dr. Sam Mannan (MKOPSC) und Prof. Jürgen Schmidt (CSE-Society) das Kooperationsabkommen für eine langfristige Zusammenarbeit.
Das CSE-Institut und und MKOPSC verbinden gemeinsame Ziele – Nachwuchsförderung und Forschung im Bereich Prozess- und Anlagensicherheit.
Zu den ersten Gratulanten gehört Prof. Dr. Hans Pasman, MKOPSC.
Nachfolgend sind die Kerninhalte des Kooperationsabkommens wiedergegeben:
Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center, College Station, Texas (MKOPSC) and the CSE Center of Safety Excellence share the same objectives in the field of Process and Plant Safety:
• Develop safer processes, equipment, procedures and management strategies to balance industrial
needs with environmental requirements and preserve worldwide resources
• Educate young professionals and safety engineers to make safety second nature
• Enhance safety in the process industries
• Develop worldwide accepted, equally high standards for process and plant safety
To reach these objectives, this LOI will solidify the relationship with regard to the following topics:
• MKOPSC and CSE will work together to develop proposals for international research projects and funding
• The parties inform each other about support activities on a regular basis
Education of young academics (high potential safety educated engineers)
• Reconciliation of curricula for Master students
• Student exchange program (Master thesis in foreign country)
Harmonization of Process Safety Methodologies
• Comparison and evaluation of Safety Methods in the US and Europe
• Support current state of knowledge for industrial application
• Support activities to harmonize standards
• Coordination of joint conferences and corporate sessions
• Regular knowledge exchange to identify future topics and optimization of potential in process and plant safety
• Publication of white papers
MKOPSC will become a member of CSE and vice versa. The membership is free of costs and not affiliated with any voting rights.
MKOPSC and CSE share web pages with current activities. Each party is responsible for the content of its institute at the pages of the cooperation partner.